- Features members of CANDY SNIPER, SLINGSHOT AROUND THE MOON and PHOTO BOOK STORIES.
- Toured with STANDSTILL, SUNFACTOR, RYDELL, TUPAMAROS, CULT, SONG OF ZARATHUSTRA and CRASH.
- Release on Engineer, Scene Police, Geekscene, Year 3000, Beer City, Super-Fi, Memory Man and Loony Tunes as well as many compilations.
- This record is a split release with Geekscene and Engineer Records.
- For fans of: Planes Mistaken For Stars, Poison The Well, Discharge, Boy Sets Fire.
- Guilt free
- Attack of the clones
- I think the answer\’s yes
- The message
- The Heresy
About this Release
Named after a quiet and simple chess move but with all the power of a tornado’s vortex busting off the Fujita scale and ripping up your house the Babies Three give us their final offering on ‘The Luzhin Defence’.
After releasing two other great albums and numerous singles the band has finally found their true sound and in these six awesome tracks you can feel the anger bubbling just beneath the surface. The desperation can be heard on all tracks and from the opening battle cry of “Rage!” in ‘Guilt Free Youth’ the scene is set. ‘Attack of the Clones’ and ‘The Message’ point their fingers at the hypocrisy of the punk scene that spawned them. It is a sorry declaration but true. Thankfully ‘The Heresy’ does provide some hope though, suggesting a chance to build something new and learning from mistakes made in the past.
This record was recorded shortly after the Babies second european tour where they played sweaty shows with the likes of SONG OF ZARATHUSTRA and YAPHET KOTTO. These songs display the changes within the bands feelings and soon after they were recorded the band recruited UROTSUKIDOJI guitarist Ross and played a handful of gigs before imploding. Like all good things, it had to come to an end, but this record is some kind of legacy!