- For fans of: Texas Is The Reason, Foo Fighters, Alkaline Trio, Jimmy Eat World, Quicksand, Lifetime.
- March 2004 Tour with Dillinger Escape Plan and Since By Man.
- Singer and Guitarist Matt Haick produced and played guitar on Nora’s infamous “Losers Intuition” album. Bassist Ryan Roberts – toured the UK on the AKAs recent European tour.
- Other support slots for: Boy Sets Fire, Dillinger Escape Plan, Armor For Sleep, Recover, Shades Apart, My Chemical Romance, Underoath, Every Time I Die, Snapcase, Nora, Death by Stereo, Jealous Sound, Norma Jean, One Line Drawing, Gameface, The Break, Liars Academy, The AKA’s, (International) Noise Conspiracy, Since By Man, Ted Leo Pharmacists, Dillinger Four, Against Me, Bleeding Through, Murder By Death, Tokyo Rose.
- Festival appearances include Rise Up Fest 2003 (Pitt, PA), Skate and Surf 2003 (Asbury Park, NJ), Hell Fest 2003 (Syracuse, NY), CMJ 2003 (NYC) – Ferret Trustkill Records Showcase, South by Southwest 2004 (Austin, TX), Take Action Tour Party hosted by Andrew WK.
- Half-Shut Eyes [mp3]
- Let It Begin
- Spit-Through Thin Skin
- Raise Your Bottle
- Anvil Chorus
About this Release
In 2002, Matt Haick(vocals, guitar) gave up writing and playing guitar for the band NORA to devote his time completely to fronting his more melodic band Merciana, which until then had only been a side project. Along with Christopher Walsh(drums), Ryan Roberts(bass), and Shawn Reams(guitar, vocals), the foursome released a 4-song, self recorded EP and began playing out on a regular basis. This EP took them to new heights and a buzz was rapidly spread throughout their New Jersey homeland, as well as East Coast USA alike. They landed quite a few popular festival appearances (CMJ, Rise-Up, HellFest, Skate and Surf, SXSW) as well as a small tour with friends The Dillinger Escape Plan.
Their sound is aggressive and heavy-driven yet not lacking in pop sensibility. Much more akin to cascading choruses, mood inducing intro-pieces and an almost stadium-ready song structure. The songs on their newest EP “Let It Begin” are hooky, yet at the same time never fail to challenge the listener. Open your ears to Merciana, and let the next wave of rocking melodic hardcore begin.